CDC - Effectiveness of Cloth Masks for Protection Against Severe Acute Respiratory Syndrome Coronavirus 2
Strategies for daily operating room management of
ambulatory surgery centers following resolution of the
acute phase of the COVID-19 pandemic
The ASA, the American College of Surgeons (ACS), American Hospital Association (AHA) and Association of periOperative Registered Nurses (AORN) have developed a “Roadmap for Resuming Elective Surgery after COVID-19 Pandemic.”
CMS has also issued recommendations regarding - Re-opening Facilities to Provide Non-emergent Non-COVID-19 Healthcare: Phase I
Statements and Guidelines on Elective Surgery
CMS has recently announced new recommendations, "Adult Elective Surgery and Procedures Recommendations: Limit all non-essential planned surgeries and procedures, including dental, until further notice."
Below are links to current statements and guidlelines on Elective Surgery. The Iowa Society of Anesthesiologists supports these statements cancelling all non-essential surgical cases.
CMS Statement - March 18, 2020
Below are some resources to keep you up to date on the Coronavirus.
- Coronavirus COVID-19 Global Cases by the Center for Systems Science and Engineering (CSSE) at Johns Hopkins
- Coronavirus Disease (COVID-19) – Statistics and Research – Our World in Data
- Coronavirus Disease (COVID-19) Advice For The Public - World Health Organization
- What to Do if You Are Sick? CDC Information
- CDC Print Resources
- Iowa Department of Public Health
- What to do When a COVID-19 Patient Needs an Operation
- CDC Criteria for Return to Work for Healthcare Personnel with Confirmed or Suspected COVID-19