The Iowa Society of Anesthesiologists was founded on January 27th, 1965. The purposes of the Society include:
- To associate and affiliate into one organization all the reputable doctors of medicine or osteopathy in the State of Iowa who are engaged in the practice of, or otherwise interested in, the medical specialty of anesthesiology.
- To encourage full and part time specialization of this field and in other ways to make available to more people the benefits to be derived from the services of qualified anesthesiologists.
- To raise the standards of the specialty by fostering and encouraging research in scientific progress in anesthesiology.
- To disseminate information in regard to anesthesiology.
- To protect the public against irresponsible and unqualified practitioners of anesthesiology.
- To edit and publish publications in the field of anesthesiology and related fields.
- To safeguard the interests of its members.
- To in all ways develop and further the specialty of anesthesiology for the general elevation of the standards of medical practice.
Your membership is for both the American Society of Anesthesiologists (ASA) and the Iowa Society of Anesthesiologists (ISA). If you are Interested in joining both the ASA /ISA, please utilize one of the two methods below.
Medical students that are interested in anesthesiology can register as a member with both the ASA ($10 dues) and IOMA ($0 dues) by using one of the two options.
1) Complete the online form at: https://www.asahq.org/member-join
2) Call Member Services at (630) 912-2552 M-F 7:30 a.m. – 4:30 p.m.
Please contact Kevin Kruse with any questions.
Iowa Society of Anesthesiologists
6919 Vista Drive
West Des Moines, IA 50266